October 24-28th, 2018
Location: Institute for Taoist Education and Acupuncture (ITEA) Louisville, CO
In Autumn 2018, the Worsley Institute (WI) will host Worsley Five Element Acupuncture Basic Teacher Training. Judy Worsley, lineage holder of Worsley Five Element Acupuncture (WFEA), recognizes the importance of continuing to train new teachers, ensuring clear dissemination of Worsley Acupuncture faithful to its origin. Basic Teacher Training will focus on foundational didactic topics and their presentation: The Laws of Five Elements, The Elements, and the Officials. Advanced Teacher Training will focus on the clinical level and is planned for 2017.
To participate, individuals must possess a well-grounded understanding of Worsley Five Element Acupuncture and have a strong clinical background.
This opportunity is ideal for:
- those who wish to experience Teacher Training for the first time,
- those who completed Teacher Training in the past and would like to refresh and deepen their knowledge of Worsley Five Element Acupuncture,
- those who are interested in training future teachers, and
- those who may not have a desire to teach but want to enrich their understanding of this beautiful lineage in order to be better clinical practitioners.
In recognition of the importance of the continuation of this lineage, Judy Worsley has waived her usual teaching fees. However, participants will be covering food, lodging, and airfare (teacher expenses) for her. In exchange for the reduction, participants will have the opportunity to volunteer up to 20 hours to a WI project of their choice.
Cost: $850 (Members – Log in to receive an additional discount)
- NCCAOM pending
- Florida pending
- California Acupuncture Board Provider 567, Category 1, pending.
- Complete the Online Teacher Training Application. After the application is submitted, the approval to participate in the program will be determined following an interview with the Teacher Training Committee (TTC). The committee will assess the applicant’s foundation in Worsley Five Element Acupuncture, including confirming their past training, and their desire to learn and grow as both a student and a teacher.
- The fee covers travel, food and lodging expenses for the teaching team: Hilary Skellon and Guest Teacher Khosrow Khalighi led by Judy Worsley, material and printing costs, room rental costs, included meals during course, NCCAOM fees, and various other administrative costs. Participants will be responsible for their travel to and from ITEA.
TEACHER TRAINING AGREEMENTS:
- Participant will be responsible for the payment of fees as outlined above.
- Participant must attend and participate in all 5 days of Basic Teacher Training.
- Each participant will commit up to 20 hours of volunteer work over the course of one year to the WI. A designated WI board member will facilitate and supervise each project so the participant will have the opportunity for valuable collegial collaboration. This project may be a short and intense project such as a creation of a brochure, or it may be more intermittent such as monitoring and posting regularly to the Facebook page.
WORSLEY INSTITUTE TEACHER ENDORSEMENT:
Upon completion of the training, if a participant wants to become a WI Endorsed teacher, a brief CV with cover letter, explaining their desire and qualifications to teach will be submitted to the TTC. The TTC will determine eligibility for certification and/or recommendations for continued growth and reapplication.
Worsley Institute Teacher Endorsement is a statement of confidence from the Institute that this teacher has successfully completed Teacher Training.
Endorsed teachers will be listed on the WI website. Worsley Institute will seek out avenues for teachers to teach material and support them in teaching the courses.
WI Certified teachers will also have access to teaching materials, including video archived patient visits, that only WI certified teachers are authorized to use.
To maintain endorsement as a WI Teacher, one must:
- Maintain current WI membership ($125 yearly or lifetime membership)
- Pay an additional yearly WI Endorsement Teacher fee of $100
- Attend MAP and/or 2 consult days yearly
- Adhere to WI Teachers Agreement outlined below:
- When a WI Endorsed Teacher teaches a WI organized course, WI will advertise the course on the WI website, register class participants, collect payment for the course, and assist the teacher in locating a venue as appropriate. The WI teacher will be responsible for organizing written materials needed for the class. WI will collect all registration fees if possible and will distribute profits after expenses: 75% of net profit will go to WI Teacher, 25% to WI.
- When a WI Endorsed Teacher organizes, advertises and registers individuals for their own course, they can represent themselves as a WI Endorsed Teacher and use teaching material they are authorized to use. In exchange, they will pay 15% of gross income to WI upon completion of the course.
- WI Endorsed Teachers agree to uphold the teachings of JR and JB Worsley as they were originally taught and, therefore, agree to use only WI/WINC approved teaching materials.
- If WI Endorsed Teachers pursue publishing books and/or creating video of WFEA materials, it must be first approved by WI/WINC. A royalty fee may be requested.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- A full refund, less a $200 Administration Fee, will be offered for cancellations made on or before the close of business August 15st, 2018.
- No refund or credit for cancellations made after Sept 24th, 2018.
- Non-attendance or early departure does not warrant a refund.
- We suggest that you purchase Travel Insurance with your Airlines and Program Protection Insurance to cover your expenses if you’re unable to attend.
- If the Worsley Institute cancels Teacher Training for any reason, you will receive a full refund.